Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Time....a precious commodity

I have not blogged for a few days, still dealing with cold, so my whit is a bit off.  As such, I thought I should tackle a more serious topic....TIME!

Time is a funny thing....some people like myself tend to not only be "on-time" but actually a few minutes early.  Others always tend to be late and always offer a wide array of excuses.  I'm sure you know which camp you fall in to.

There's "Time Management" which makes no sense as time is always moving...you can't contain it, or harness it, just plan your time. 

TIME is one of life's most precious gifts.  "Time is the only resource we can’t renew. Invest it in experiences, places, and people that are meaningful to you."  I believe this, which is why I try to spend my time doing things which bring a smile to my face.  Spending time with family and friends.  Giving my time to causes I believe in, such as volunteering, feeds my soul. 


Ironman training takes time, and I'm often asked how I "find time time to train".  My answer is always the same, "I don't FIND time, I MAKE the time."  It is not always easy, but if someone or something is important to you, it's amazing what you can accomplish in 24 hours.  One of the biggest excuses people use for not exercising is that they "don't have the time", I'm guessing for these people their workout is just not important enough.

Look at your life, your day......what are the most important parts of it?  If you were given a week to live, would you MAKE more time to spend time doing the things you enjoy with those you love the most?  I sure hope the answer is "yes"!

Don't be LATE, Time is ticking :)


No comments:

Post a Comment